(Covers from Monday until today…)
- Fund raising has been a success. Thank you all for making this happening ! (via @petitlaurent) -- Laurent has no budget for beers?
- Storm is open-source: distributed and fault-tolerant realtime computation (via @nathanmarz) -- This is a big release that will have a big impact on real-time big-data. Built mostly on Clojure. You should check it out. It comes with a one-line cloud installer.
- Holy cow! @apetresc recorded amazing screencast live-coding a Storm topology that visualizes Twitter during the Emmys (via @nathanmarz) -- Ah, no need to read the documentation, just watch the video. Impressive what can be done in just one day with Storm! Holy cow indeed...
- 2011 Clojure Scholarship: Help send @ambrosebs to the Conj! (via @cemerick) -- Last year @cemerick organized a scholarship to send @IORayne to the conj --and @IORayne is now a speaker to this year's Conj-- so to make it a trend, now he's organizing another scholarship, this time for @ambrosebs. He's raising funds, so check out the link.
- Tree visitors in Clojure (via @planetclojure) -- This is not about woodland critters in Clojure, but an extensive article about traversing trees in java and in Clojure, exploring (and expanding on) clojure.walk and clojure.zip.
- The first thing typed into my terminal after #strangeloop `brew install clojure` (via @MarkBorcherding) -- heh. Lots of clojurians presenting, including @swannodetter, @zachtellman and @richhickey who did the final keynote.