- Rich Hickey on reasons behind deftype/protocol in #clojure (here, via @wmacgyver) -- Rich Hickey explains a the rationale behind some design decisions for the new features of #clojure, and also provides hints on when to use them and when use the current existing alternatives (reify vs. proxy, deftype vs. defstruct, deftype vs. gen-class). There is also a discussion about why 'protocols' is a better option than Java's class/interface inheritance and partial implementation, at least for #clojure.
- ... and if you want to see how the use of protocols looks like, here is an example (via @stuartsierra)
- Final mini blog on poker and #clojure (here, via @s_e_t_h) -- this is a followup of a previous article that we referenced a few days ago. The code can now be found in bitbucket
- Clojure tutorial: fetching web comics (here, via @antest) -- Yet another introductory tutorial to Clojure.
- #leiningen, "A build tool for Clojure designed to not set your hair on fire" (here, via @pholdings) -- By @technomancy, a tool to describe and build your clojure projects in clojure (wraps maven and ant). Here is an example of a project definition:
[clj](defproject leiningen "0.5.0-SNAPSHOT"
and here an example of a build command:
[bash]$ lein repl # launch a REPL with the project classpath configured[/bash]
- Clojure and Android with Emacs on Ubuntu (here, via @elight)
- Swank-clojure 1.0 and dependencies made it into elpa! Should make installation much easier now (via @technomancy) -- Yay!!!